CHESS Foundation NFP Nonprofit Organization
I. OVERVIEW & SCOPE
CHESS Foundation NFP of 2016 N La Crosse Ave, Apt 2S, Chicago, Illinois 60639, has established an Anti- Discrimination and Equal Opportunity Policy ("EEO"). This EEO policy applies to all aspects of the relationship between CHESS Foundation NFP and its members including, volunteers. These policies apply to independent contractors, temporary employees, all personnel working on the premises, and any other persons or firms doing business for or with CHESS Foundation NFP. Disciplinary action will be taken against any member or volunteer breach of this policy.
1. DISCRIMINATION. CHESS Foundation NFP shall not tolerate, under any circumstances, without exception, any form of discrimination based on race, creed, religion, color, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, parental status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, national origin, political affiliation, sex, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, and any other status protected by the law. CHESS Foundation NFP will make every effort to provide all members or voluntmters at CHESS Foundation NFP will comply with these anti-discrimination policies. In some cases, local laws and regulations may provide greater protections than those described in this policy.
2. HARASSMENT. CHESS Foundation NFP is committed to providing a work environment that is free from harassment. Any behavior that is unwanted and offensive to the recipient, which creates an intimidating, hostile, or humiliating work environment for that person violates CHESS Foundation NFP's policy. Harassment can occur between members of the opposite sex or the same sex. Harassment, verbal or non-verbal, explicit or implicit, based on an individual's sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion or any other legally protected characteristics will not be tolerated. All members or volunteers are required to abide by this policy. No person will be adversely affected with CHESS Foundation NFP as a result of bringing complaints of harassment.
3. REPORTING DISCRIMINATION & HARASSMENT. If anyone feels that he or she has been harassed as described in this policy, they should immediately report the matter to management or Ronnell Winfrey through any verbal or written means. If that contact is not available, or if not comfortable informing this contact, the employee should immediately inform any other manager or supervisor. Once the matter has been reported it will be promptly investigated and any corrective action will be taken when deemed appropriate. All complaints or unlawful harassment under this policy or otherwise will be handled in as confidential a manner as possible. Timely reporting is encouraged to prevent the re- occurrence of, or otherwise address, the behavior that violates this policy or law. Delays in reporting a complaint can limit the type of effectiveness of a response by CHESS Foundation NFP. The procedure for reporting incidents of discriminatory or harassing behavior is not intended to prevent the right of anyone to seek a remedy under available state or federal law by immediately reporting the matter to the appropriate state or federal agency.
4. RETALIATION. Retaliation against any person associated with CHESS Foundation NFP who reports instances of harassment - whether he or she is directly or indirectly involved - is in violation of CHESS Foundation NFP's policies. All reported incidents are assumed to be made in good faith. Any allegations that are proven false will be treated as a serious matter.
5. DISCIPLINARY MEASURES FOR HARASSMENT. Any employee engaging in behavior that violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action, including the possible termination of employment, whether or not an actual law has been violated.
6. REMEDIES. Remedies for any instances of verified discrimination, whether caused intentionally or by actions have other actions deemed appropriate by CHESS Foundation NFP. Remedies can also include payment of attorney's fees, expert witness fees, court costs and other applicable legal fees.
7. POLICY IMPLEMENTATION. Implementation of this Policy will be effective as of
Copyright © 2023 CHESS Foundation NFP - All Rights Reserved